AIM Engineering & Surveying, Inc. (AIM) is seeking a motivated Transportation Planner / Public Involvement Specialist in our Tampa or Bartow, Florida office. This position is an excellent opportunity for a talented professional with 3+ years of experience providing transportation planning and public involvement support for Project Development & Environment (PD&E), transportation roadway design and planning studies for Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT), county and city clients. This position will support AIM’s technical staff with quantitative and qualitative evaluations of various transportation improvements for highways, interchanges, intersections, bicycle/pedestrian facilities, and public transportation. Additionally, public outreach is a critical component of the transportation planning and engineering process and most of AIM’s projects incorporate many aspects of public interaction and agency coordination mandated by legislative requirements.
The Duties of This Position Include:
- Assist with the preparation and editing of National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documentation in support of transportation projects. Strong technical writing skills and document production capabilities are required.
- Collect, analyze and summarize land use data, environmental evaluations, socio-economic data, roadway characteristics data and traffic data.
- Collect and summarize project stakeholder information for public involvement activities associated with transportation studies.
- Develop, implement and/or manage public involvement plans and create all materials associated with public meetings and presentations including display boards, newsletters, brochures, handouts, PowerPoint presentations and websites.
- Coordinate and participate in public hearings, workshops, stakeholder public meetings and other public participation/outreach processes.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong technical writing skills and proficiency with MS Office products.
- Adobe Creative knowledge.
- Candidate must be detail-oriented and possess good analytical and communication skills.
- Positive professional experience and relationships with FDOT and other AIM clients are desired and welcomed.
Working knowledge of GIS data review software (Arc, Microstation, CADD, ETDM EST) is desirable but not required.
- B.S. or B.A. in Planning or equivalent
- 3-5 years of transportation planning experience
Employee will work in a professional office environment in AIM’s Tampa or Bartow Florida offices (either is optional based on commute). Employee must be willing to travel on day trips for project related business when necessary. Must also be willing to travel, when necessary, to AIM’s main office locations (Bartow, Tampa and Ft. Myers) to work with other AIM staff.
We are seeking an individual to serve as the Office Manager/Document Control Specialist responsible for coordination and oversight of office operation and activities consistent with the firm's goals, plans, policies, and management philosophy. Support our Administrative, Engineering, Marketing and Planning Departments with clerical and administrative functions in order to help drive company success.
Job duties include but aren’t limited to
- Field telephone calls, greet and assist onsite guests, receive deliveries and forward as appropriate, filing, scanning/faxing
- Develop and implement organized filing systems
- Handling copy services, word processing, mail and distribution services, office reception, office equipment, utility services and communication systems
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, calling for repairs, maintain equipment inventories and evaluate new equipment and techniques
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipate needed supplies, place and expedite orders and verify receipt of supplies
- Plan and schedule appointments, keep track of company vehicle log, organize and plan company events and activities
- Perform other clerical duties as assigned by department leads
Support in document control:
- Providing Document Control support to multi-disciplinary projects
- Organize and maintain all documents and specs pertaining to projects
- Perform audits of documents to ensure project files are current
- Duplicate, bind, and distribute documents as required
- Transmit, receive, record and distribute e-mail correspondence and documentation according to established procedures
- Maintain records of incoming document transmittals and prepare outgoing transmittals and packages
- Assist with registration, filing and control of incoming and outgoing documentation
- Perform database input and word-processing functions
- Draft correspondences and other formal documents
Assist Public Involvement:
- Produce and maintain stakeholder databases and comment tracking logs
- Providing support at formal and informal public meetings, open houses, workshops (will require evening and weekend work, potential travel within Florida)
- Assist in the development of newsletters, handouts, press releases, website updates and email distribution
Required skills and qualifications:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer and software proficiency (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- 5+ years’ experience in office administration or other related fields
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
Project Engineer to provide roadway design for our state and municipal roadway design projects in our Tampa and Orlando Office. An extensive working knowledge of MicroStation and/or AutoCadd required.
The duties of this position include preparing detailed engineering designs and overseeing the work of engineering interns in preparing plans for roadway and drainage design work using FDOT and/or AASHTO standards. Must be able to promote an all-inclusive approach to working in the team environment. Design elements will consist of horizontal and vertical geometry, roadway sections, intersection layouts and sight distance determination, interchange layouts, signing and pavement marking plans, traffic control plans, roadway drainage, pavement designs, and right of way plans. Along with design, this position will also be responsible for preparing and overseeing the preparation of Plans, Specifications and Estimates. This position may assist in the management of smaller projects that involve preparing scopes, schedules and budgets, and include the following management work elements: day to day communication (verbal and written) with the client, support and advise entry level staff, act in an advisory capacity to senior management on engineering related matters, write reports and technical memos, and coordinate with sub-consultants.
This position will be required to provide the seal and signature as a professional engineer, as appropriate, ensuring compliance with all applicable codes, regulations, and ordinances. Salary negotiable and commensurate with experience and include benefits.
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering
- Florida P.E.
- 5+ years of experience having performed geometric design of roadways, preparing plans and specifications, and computing quantities and design construction estimates.
- Knowledge of and experience with AASHTO Green Book, FDOT Plans Preparation Manual, FDOT CADD Manual and FDOT Design Standards
- Successful candidate must be capable to act in a supervisory role to junior staff and work independently with minimal guidance.
- Proficiency with Microstation and Geopak, including Corridor Modeling and FDOT Digital Deliveries
Entry level engineer looking for an opportunity to receive wide-ranging experience in roadway and drainage design of state and municipal projects. Will be working interactively with lead engineers and project managers on projects that range from sidewalks and trails to roadway resurfacing, roundabout design and interstate reconstruction projects.Positions are currently available in our Ft. Myers, Tampa and Orlando offices.
- Introductory knowledge of and experience with AASHTO Green Book, FDOT Plans Preparation Manual, FDOT CADD Manual and FDOT Design Standards preferred
- Successful candidate must be capable of working within a strong team structure and excel at working independently with minimal guidance.
- Proficiency with Microstation and Geopak preferred