AIM Engineering & Surveying, Inc. (AIM) s seeking a Proposal Manager to lead proposal team activities. This position will report directly to our Chief Marketing Officer and represents an excellent opportunity for a talented professional with at least 5 years of experience working with proposals. AIM’s projected growth will provide this position with the opportunity to immediately expand the marketing group. The successful candidate must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and capable of overseeing multiple projects simultaneously.
The Duties of This Position Include:
- Manages, produces and ensures the delivery of top quality, on-time and effective proposals, qualifications packages, presentations, etc. Acts as a process driver to ensure the most efficient procedures and protocols are in place.
- Provides input and collaboration to help establish priorities and protocols for responding to RFP’s and other marketing related inquiries. Works closely with marketing, business development, department managers, and technical staff when producing proposals, etc. Responds to their priorities and direction.
- Provides or directs the initial mock-up of proposals for pursuit leaders. Writes portions of the proposals as appropriate.
- Establishes and manages timeline and delegation of assignments as needed to complete effective submittals.
- Coordinates or obtains information needed from consultant firms to be included in proposals or in presentations.
- Supervises active upkeep and use of marketing databases, including projects, resumes, consultant lists, etc.
- Creates, edits and supports the creation and submittal of internal and external press releases, as well as website text.
- Supervises the production of collateral marketing materials, such as firm brochures, advertisements, internal forms, and other collaterals.
- Conducts quality control of all deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, English, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience working on FDOT, city, and county proposals (ideally for an A&E firm) is preferred.
- Extremely organized, have a strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks in a deadline-sensitive environment.
- Schedule flexibility and excellent time management skills to meet deadlines is a must.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal to write and collaborate with others to develop content for submittals, resumes, project descriptions, press releases, website content, and various collaterals.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Intermediate to proficient in Adobe InDesign a must. Experience with Photoshop a plus.
- Experience working with Deltek Vision/Ajera CRM or any other CRM database is a plus.
- Experience developing graphics used in proposal submissions (covers, tabs, CD labels, presentation backgrounds, etc.) is a plus.
- Previous experience developing SF 330 proposals is highly preferred.
- Occasional travelmay be required to different company offices and area vendors.
Interested candidates should send their cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: Sean Donahoo at email@example.com.
This position includes inspection and verification of concrete pre-stress and pre-cast materials in the casting yards for FDOT projects. Requirements are a PCI Level II certification. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to steel and concrete inspection, concrete testing, completing daily reports, managing lower level inspection staff and contractor coordination. This position is full time and the schedule is flexible. The position is located in Pensacola, Florida.
AIM Engineering & Surveying, Inc. (AIM) is seeking a motivated Transportation Planner / Public Involvement Specialist in our Tampa or Bartow, Florida office. This position is an excellent opportunity for a talented professional with 3+ years of experience providing transportation planning and public involvement support for Project Development & Environment (PD&E), transportation roadway design and planning studies for Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT), county and city clients. This position will support AIM’s technical staff with quantitative and qualitative evaluations of various transportation improvements for highways, interchanges, intersections, bicycle/pedestrian facilities, and public transportation. Additionally, public outreach is a critical component of the transportation planning and engineering process and most of AIM’s projects incorporate many aspects of public interaction and agency coordination mandated by legislative requirements.
The Duties of This Position Include:
- Assist with the preparation and editing of National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documentation in support of transportation projects. Strong technical writing skills and document production capabilities are required.
- Collect, analyze and summarize land use data, environmental evaluations, socio-economic data, roadway characteristics data and traffic data.
- Collect and summarize project stakeholder information for public involvement activities associated with transportation studies.
- Develop, implement and/or manage public involvement plans and create all materials associated with public meetings and presentations including display boards, newsletters, brochures, handouts, PowerPoint presentations and websites.
- Coordinate and participate in public hearings, workshops, stakeholder public meetings and other public participation/outreach processes.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong technical writing skills and proficiency with MS Office products.
- Adobe Creative knowledge.
- Candidate must be detail-oriented and possess good analytical and communication skills.
- Positive professional experience and relationships with FDOT and other AIM clients are desired and welcomed.
Working knowledge of GIS data review software (Arc, Microstation, CADD, ETDM EST) is desirable but not required.
- B.S. or B.A. in Planning or equivalent
- 3-5 years of transportation planning experience
Employee will work in a professional office environment in AIM’s Tampa or Bartow Florida offices (either is optional based on commute). Employee must be willing to travel on day trips for project related business when necessary. Must also be willing to travel, when necessary, to AIM’s main office locations (Bartow, Tampa and Ft. Myers) to work with other AIM staff.
Project Engineer to provide roadway design for our state and municipal roadway design projects in our Tampa Office. An extensive working knowledge of MicroStation and/or AutoCadd required.
The duties of this position include preparing detailed engineering designs and overseeing the work of engineering interns in preparing plans for roadway and drainage design work using FDOT and/or AASHTO standards. Must be able to promote an all-inclusive approach to working in the team environment. Design elements will consist of horizontal and vertical geometry, roadway sections, intersection layouts and sight distance determination, interchange layouts, signing and pavement marking plans, traffic control plans, roadway drainage, pavement designs, and right of way plans. Along with design, this position will also be responsible for preparing and overseeing the preparation of Plans, Specifications and Estimates. This position may assist in the management of smaller projects that involve preparing scopes, schedules and budgets, and include the following management work elements: day to day communication (verbal and written) with the client, support and advise entry level staff, act in an advisory capacity to senior management on engineering related matters, write reports and technical memos, and coordinate with sub-consultants.
This position will be required to provide the seal and signature as a professional engineer, as appropriate, ensuring compliance with all applicable codes, regulations, and ordinances. Salary negotiable and commensurate with experience and include benefits.
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering
- Florida P.E.
- 5+ years of experience having performed geometric design of roadways, preparing plans and specifications, and computing quantities and design construction estimates.
- Knowledge of and experience with AASHTO Green Book, FDOT Plans Preparation Manual, FDOT CADD Manual and FDOT Design Standards
- Successful candidate must be capable to act in a supervisory role to junior staff and work independently with minimal guidance.
- Proficiency with Microstation and Geopak, including Corridor Modeling and FDOT Digital Deliveries
Entry level roadway engineer looking for an opportunity to receive wide-ranging experience in roadway and drainage design of state and municipal projects. Will be working interactively with lead engineers and project managers on projects that range from sidewalks and trails to roadway resurfacing, roundabout design and interstate reconstruction projects.
- Introductory knowledge of and experience with AASHTO Green Book, FDOT Plans Preparation Manual, FDOT CADD Manual and FDOT Design Standards preferred
- Successful candidate must be capable of working within a strong team structure and excel at working independently with minimal guidance.
- Proficiency with Microstation and Geopak preferred